Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Black Deeper Than Death Review

Title: A Black Deeper Than Death

Author: M.E. Purfield
Illustrator: M.E. Purfield
Genre: Supernatural
Age: 15+
Pages: 123 (Kindle)
Publisher: Trash Books


        Miki Radicci is a 16 year old famous artist with a curse that sets her apart. Being able to feel peoples pain isn't the worst curse you can have but when Miki witnesses a murder everything changes. With a killer on the loose Miki must try to catch him before he catches her! A great suspenseful novel with a twist at every turn!

        The novel, A Black Deeper Than Death, was easily one of the most suspenseful novel I've ever read. I liked how the author incorporated all the fantasy curse theme and a mystery gengre into such a short novel. She did a wonderful job packing all of that goodness and delivering it as easily as she did. While many novels fail to delivering un-predictable stories, this wasn't the case for Mrs. M.E. Purfield's novel I seriously did not know who the killer was until the end and it came as a surprise!

        The author did a wonderful job with her characterization. They were very concrete and had genuine emotions. While most characters seemed very complex like Miki, I could always easily relate to her complexity with my own. I enjoyed the character's flaws and I especially liked how they interacted with each other. This is one of the scenes I enjoyed a lot and felt it showed how the characters had great relationships with each other: Chris enters the condo and all I can do is feel sorry for him. He stands by the door as two Looney Toons confront him. Grandpa smiles and looks Chris over while Corey takes it a step further and walks with a scrutinizing expression around Chris. And here I am hoping to God that he doesn’t run out of the room, screaming and waving his arms. But he handles it well and smiles. Chris holds out a bunch of flowers, “And these are for you.” Corey swipes them, “Oh, thank you,” and buries his nose in the pedals. “Down, Corey.”  He barks, smiles, and hands me the flowers.

        The book had great potential and brought a lot of what I had expected. I was disappointed when the novel ended and I had not discovered a lot about the so called family curse and there wasn't any history or explanation about it which just left us readers hanging.

        While A Black Deeper Than Death was not my cup of tea I found a way to enjoy it tremendously and it easily brought me into the story line. I would definitely recommend it for any mystery readers as well as some casual readers who enjoy a few detective movies.

Available on Amazon

Rating: 4/5

6 comments:

Shalini

Like your post/review. The cover art intrigued me and it seems the plot matches it! I'll have to add it to my TBR list.
Shalini
http://lgib-bookreview.blogspot.com

Unknown

It's a pretty great book and do recommend it because it's quite short. I wouldn't of liked it as much if it had been quite long and since it wasn't my cup of tea it was much better. Thanks for stopping by Shalini.

kqbd

Thank for sharing
Xem thêm livescore
keo bong da

Unknown

Bộ sưu tập vòng tay đá núi lửa Hot nhất 2018
Bộ sưu tập vòng tay đá mã não Hot nhất 2018
Bộ sưu tập Vòng tay đá tourmaline Hot nhất 2018
Bộ sưu tập vòng tay đá granat Hot nhất 2018

Trịnh Thúy


It's a pretty great book and do recommend it because it's quite short! drifting games unblocked Kakaotalk App

mocquang

Mộc Quang xin kính chào các bác!

Chúng tôi rất hân hạnh được mang đến các sản phẩm vòng tay phong thủy gỗ quý: gỗ Huyết Long, gỗ Sưa đỏ, gỗ Trầm Hương,..được làm hoàn toàn thủ công từ gỗ 100% tự nhiên. Xưởng sản xuất của Mộc Quang được đặt tại làng nghề Nhị Khê – ngôi làng có truyền thống hàng trăm năm nghề tiện gỗ. Hy vọng được các bác ủng hộ.

Trân trọng cảm ơn!

Say what you think...